Monday, June 21, 2010

Frank Myers Auto Calls Out Google

For the record, let me state that I am an advocate of legitimate dealer review websites such as DealerRater, CarDealerCheck, CitySearch, etc . For the most part, they serve their purpose well and allow consumers to share their experiences…both good and/or bad… with other people.

The growing concern that I have is with review sites that allows the reviewer to remain anonymous or sites that won’t allow the business in question to respond. Surprisingly, one of the biggest violators of this is Google.

On June 21st, 2010, Dane posted the following review on Google Reviews named Don’t buy from Frank Myers‎‎. ”Frank Myers wasted my time and 299 for training and never received job placement or my money back.”

As soon as I received word via Google Alert that the “review” had been posted, I sent them a message because I felt that the reviewer in question had violated the Comment Posting Policy. It reads, in part: Don’t impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You see, the “reviewer” in question had never been hired by my dealership. They had only attended and paid for a training program conducted by an outside company. When he was told he wasn’t going to make the cut, I handed him a check for the 3 days he gave my dealership. We shook hands and he told me how surprised he was to have received a check. He thanked me and that was the last I heard from him…until today.

This afternoon, someone/something by the name of Google posted the following response. It was aptly named ‎Last I checked, you need to do a good job to keep a good job. “Sounds to me like Dane just wasn’t cut out for the work Frank Myers has won more awards than I can count. They have raving fans both by customers AND employees. Pretty low to leave a negative comment as a disgruntled ex employee rather than a customer.”

While it’s difficult for me to imagine that the folks at Google actually responded to this review, it’s still very cool that someone did. They obviously feel the same way I do about it…if you’ve got a problem with a business or an employer, be an adult and talk to them face to face. Stop hiding behind the review sites and posting negative nonsense that accomplishes nothing. If you don’t get your issues resolved after you’ve spoken to the business/employer in question, then post all you want.

And Dane…if you read this, please know that I will happily speak to the training company about reimbursing you your money for the class you took. They are also eager to work with you on your career placement opportunities that was discussed. Please call me so we can schedule a time to speak face-to-face. I am positive that we can get this misunderstanding resolved.


ABOUT TRACY MYERS, OWNER OF FRANK MYERS AUTO MAXX - The original Frank Myers Store was started more than 83 years ago by Frank Myers, the Great-Grandfather of the current owner Tracy Myers and the Grandfather of the previous owner, Franklin Myers. Tracy has spent the past 15+ years trying to change the landscape of the car business and the bruised reputation of car salespeople all over the country. Tracy was one of the first 100 Certified Master Dealers in the Nation, a NIADA Eagle Award Winner and was the youngest recipient ever to be honored with the highest available distinction in the used car industry…the National Quality Dealer award. Frank Myers Auto Maxx was recently recognized as one of the Top 28 Independent Automotive Retailers in the United States by Auto Dealer Monthly Magazine, one of the Top 10 Internet Auto Retailers in the Nation & one of the Top 3 dealerships to work for in the country by The Dealer Business Journal. Tracy is also the Co-Creator of the world famous “Everybody Rides” program and author of the best selling book “Car Buying Secrets Exposed: The Dirty Little Secrets of a Used Car Dealer”, available at Amazon.com and better bookstores. He is a Christian Business Owner whose goal is to run his business “By the Book”. The dealership specializes in helping people find, qualify for and own the vehicle of their dreams with little or no money down…even with less than perfect credit. http://www.frankmyersauto.com/

No comments: